The BTCC T7R Mod for AC

Discuss all and everything related to Assetto Corsa.

Re: The BTCC T7R Mod for AC

Postby Jerry090460 » 10. Oct. 2016, 17:17

Fordman wrote:Just something to share with you all :D The one off special Edition

Screenshot_btcc_ford_focus_ks_brands_hatch_7-10-116-14-50-24.jpg

Screenshot_btcc_ford_focus_ks_brands_hatch_7-10-116-14-56-25.jpg

Showroom_btcc_ford_focus_7-9-2016-14-58-19.jpg

Wow looks awesome ! :)
Jerry090460

Postby Fordman » 16. Oct. 2016, 18:50

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates, and the usual saying "it will be soon" so I thought I would give you an update, although nothing to show as yet.

Myself and Kris have been working on the new physics. We say new, as we found a flaw in the existing physics / suspension, so we changed this, and as you can imagine, you make one change, and it snowballs. We have spent the last "I forget how many" weeks on this, and we are now not only making fantastic progress, we are very close on this.

Once this is done, then V10 tyres. We have tested V10 tyres on the old model and yes they worked, but we think these will work even better on the new physics/suspension but because we have already tested, this will be a simple addition.

What else can I tell you, well Kris has worked very hard to level out the pocket rocket off the line BMW, so this has now been levelled out. To keep in line with RL, yes it is slightly faster, as you would expect with a RWD in dry conditions, but not as fast any more. I have also taken on board the comments about the dash cam and cockpit cam, so these have been adjusted to give you more peripheral vision.

Lastly, well, hopefully, fingers crossed (no promises as of yet) but 2 new models will be coming to the BTCC collection from T7R. These are WIP and we are hoping these will be complete ready for the next release, but like I said, no promises, and lastly, a T7R/BTCC Showroom. OK not to everybody's liking, but just adds that little extra and also the Special Edition Matt Jackson Ford Focus skin by Horus, will be available.

So hopefully, you can see, there is lots of things we are improving to make this more enjoyable to you, the people that drive and enjoy our work.

Regards

Shaun
Fordman

Postby DutchDevil79 » 16. Oct. 2016, 21:27

Sounds all great to me, can't wait to try it. No worries do with the time schedule. Its done when its done.
DutchDevil79

Postby hotty » 23. Oct. 2016, 14:31

Hi,
I would say Thank you also to your Team for this fantastic BTTC Mod,to drive this Cars is only amazing and so much Fun.
Would this Cars become the SFX Update because they don't work after AC Update 1.9 next Week?Gredding from Germany :roll: :mrgreen:
hotty

Postby Fordman » 23. Oct. 2016, 17:21

Hi Hotty

We are fully aware that the sounds will not work when V1.9 of AC comes out. As you have seen we are working on various updates / fixes and we are going to include these in our V2 release, although might take a little longer than we hoped (due to new Fmod)

So although it will stop working, you can be assured we are already working on the fixes needed, and we will release these as soon as we can. What we don't want to do, is flood you with updates after updates, we would rather release a new version that fixes all.

Hope you understand

Shaun
Fordman

Postby Fordman » 24. Oct. 2016, 19:37

Would just like to ask a question to you all.

Would you prefer a full BTCC MOD, including all the tracks as one download, or would you prefer to download the car, and then links to the tracks, so you can download what you want?

Regards

Shaun
Fordman

Postby DutchDevil79 » 24. Oct. 2016, 22:47

I would say just the BTCC mod cars. Tracks get updates as well and then you have old tracks in you package. Just add links or make a separate track-pack.
DutchDevil79

Postby Joshuax » 26. Oct. 2016, 11:15

Yep, keep it separated pls. Every minor update in one thing will need to reupload and download all things together, thats little bit uneffective ;)

BTW anybody who did modification to all BTCC tracks with osrw (or similar) to get more than default pitboxes count ?
Joshuax

Postby Festa_PWR » 26. Oct. 2016, 11:42

Joshuax wrote:Yep, keep it separated pls. Every minor update in one thing will need to reupload and download all things together, thats little bit uneffective ;)

BTW anybody who did modification to all BTCC tracks with osrw (or similar) to get more than default pitboxes count ?

I know there have been some tracks that have had pitboxes increased, but not sure if they include any BTCC tracks.

May be worth getting in touch with the author of the other mods and putting a request in to either do them, or instruct how they were done?
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby Fordman » 05. Nov. 2016, 19:24

Good Evening all - Maybe a post you didn't expect!!!!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP US IMPROVE THE BTCC MOD AND OTHERS?

As you have followed our progress, and posted here, we would like to invite, people to be part of the Triple 7 Racing Beta Team. This just doesn't include the BTCC Mod, but also 2 other mods that we are working on atm (that are part of a UK Racing Series)

Do you have what it takes?

Do you Know / have?

1) The difference in oversteer / understeer
2) Over Braking/Under Braking
3) Common Sense (very important)
4) Curious (again very important)
5) Understand the basics of car handling (so driven a real car would help)
6) Can keep quiet and not share anything.
7) Have time to try, try and try again, Beta Testing actually takes up a lot of time, it's not all fluffy, it can be boring and laborious
8) Have a keen eye for detail, no matter how small

9) Have Sim racing / Online experience, how many years?
10) If you have one, what is your Minorating?
11) Tell us in your own words why you think you would be a good Beta Tester?

After reading that lot, sorry :D , if your still interested, then please PM me with your details. Your details will never be shared with anybody else outside of T7R and we T7R, expect you not to share anything either.

If you have any questions, then please ask

Regards

Shaun
Fordman

PreviousNext

Return to AC - Chit-Chat