Test Race - 10.01.2016

Moderator: D34N0

Re: Test Race - 10.01.2016

Postby Festa_PWR » 10. Jan. 2016, 22:04

Fordman wrote:Yeah thanks Bernd for your message (steam) tried that, and now my PC just reboots when I run the tool :?

Now would be a good time to back everything up.

Buy a 2TB and clone it.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby Fordman » 10. Jan. 2016, 22:18

Got an RDX Drive drive Kris, now in progress :D
Fordman

Postby bigbawmcgraw » 10. Jan. 2016, 22:52

Great race tonight guys.

Qualified 2nd and somehow managed to hold it to the end. Oscar make a mistake 3 laps from the checkered flag and I was gaining on him a bit, but he was just taking it easy :?

Lots of respectful driving, looking forward to the league.

Cya on track ;)
Gianni Gentles #73
bigbawmcgraw

Postby BBO » 10. Jan. 2016, 23:43

Oh well had a bad qualifying changed my setup in last minute here and there and coulnd't do any 1:03x laps, I did already yesterday. So ended up on the 11th.

Race start was a bit tricky seeing Traskal and Vickers right in front of me changing some paint on the start/finish line, had to brake and move around them. First corner, I thought, take it easy there will be some more spins, maybe, and Snell and Kostjens had their touching. Passed Snell very closely and was really lucky to not get hit by him. That was scary & close mate.
testr1.jpg

Then I should have known better, seeing 3 guys goint into T1.
testr2.jpg

I had quickly to decide left or right. Took the left but I think Armigliato hitted Bruce, Baldwin then hitted Armigliato and moved him around to the left (oh noes), so no chance and I hitted him too.
testr3.jpg

The rest of the race I was thinking about to pit or not to pit, but with only 10 or so laps to go I thought I'll stay out. I couldn't get passed Baldwin, my front wing was damaged and I had not really much downforce anymore, but I could stay with him.

While I than I saw Sbordoni, Bruce and Baldwin went to the grass at coppice corner, I breaked a bit to hard, as I didn't wanted some more crashes, and spun myself out to the other side. :mrgreen:

Than a few laps later Dean Snell was having some touble in front and got passed by me but he came back soon and I thought he is faster anyway (didn't knew at this time he also had damaged wings), so I let him pass me again, and hope he would fight with Ken Baldwin :-) and he did and I was coming closer again on Baldwin and could finally pass him while he (I think) braked to late for the last chicane.

The rest of the race was just "bring it home". But I think in last lap Traskal was standing on the track and I almost didn't saw it.
testr4.jpg

But nothing happend and so at least I finished the race.

Congratz goes to Oscar Pink for the win, G. Gentles and A. Lojelo for the Podium. Nice driving guys.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby motowntom » 11. Jan. 2016, 04:16

Quali. 10th, terrible start spun the rears(?) into fas,(sorry man) nice run, ran out of gas on the last straight (noob) running 9th. How much fun is this! Thanks to all who helped thru the process, I am new to sim racing but am hooked(anyone want to by a f2000 car IRL L.O.L. This is way cheaper!)
See you all on track at silverstone. Kenny... Go CAN-AM racing!
Cheers
Tom Traskal #19 team CAN-AM RACING
motowntom

Postby Fox Gek » 11. Jan. 2016, 08:39

Unfortunately for me, at 20.00 my computer broke. likely failure of power supply .. if not worse.
Congratulations on the podium
Fulvio Genova
Fox Gek

Postby Andrea Lojelo » 11. Jan. 2016, 15:23

Thanks for the nice race. It was fun.
I got my PB during the practice, but I didn't manage to do a decent lap during the official qualification.
I got a good start, getting out of trouble at T1, and getting in few laps from 6 to 3. The two in front were too fast for me, and I managed to gain some time from the group on the back. In the last laps I started to feel the pressure of a potential podium, saying to myself "just be concentrated, take it easy, don't do mistakes"...and guess what? as soon as I started to think about that I started doing mistakes one after an other :P
Last lap on the penultimate corner (Coppice) I put two wheels on the grass, and I almost managed to lose my position.The guy in 4th got my slipstream and almost passed me on the last chicane. :mrgreen: Luckily he decided to avoid taking too many risks, keeping it extremely clean on the last chicane, and I managed to finish on the podium.
Very nice to see respectful drivers on track.
It was a long time for me from an official race, and I almost forgot the thrill of a nice championship race, where somehow, I can feel the pressure, the nice tension of an important race, getting on track trying to do my best to get a decent result.
Looking forward for the start of the official championship
Andrea Lojelo #95 RSR team
Physics Designer for RSR Formula 3
Andrea Lojelo

Postby kcheeb » 11. Jan. 2016, 15:26

Fun race yesterday gents, looking forward to finding out how to get a second and a half :)

Qualified 14th, about where I was during practice, not a problem. The times were so close there was always going to be someone to race with.

Came out of turn 1 in 8th-ish, thinking I could get used to this! But got gathered up in a turn one incident a lap or two later. Get back on track and pointed the right way and away we go. Some good dicing for the next few laps, tons of fun, sorry I don't know everyone's names yet. But then at the entry to Coppice, had a coming together of fenders and had to get it back together. The rest of the race was spent trying to ward off the guys behind me :lol: Oh yeah, and missing my brake point into Goddards large and having a little off road for the fun of it.

Pretty amazing group of drivers, and as we all get used to each other, the racing will get tighter and tighter!

Team Can-Am, give 'er :!:

See you at Silverstone!
Understeer - you see the tree you hit
Oversteer - you hear the tree you hit

Team Can-Am - Ken Baldwin #76 - F3 Championship - http://www.triple7racing.net/t7r/forums/viewforum.php?f=89
kcheeb

Postby VTX » 11. Jan. 2016, 15:40

Andrea Lojelo wrote:The guy in 4th got my slipstream and almost passed me on the last chicane. :mrgreen: Luckily he decided to avoid taking too many risks, keeping it extremely clean on the last chicane, and I managed to finish on the podium.
Very nice to see respectful drivers on track.

That was me driving behind you haha :)

I didn't want to cause a crash with you, so I braked hard (a bit too hard as it even costed me my 4th position). But was fun as hell :)
T7R|VTX - Triple7Racing
Barry Kostjens #45 - F3 T7R Championship 2016 - Team: Admins On Speed
VTX
Site Admin

Postby Andrea Lojelo » 11. Jan. 2016, 15:44

I've seen that. Thanks for keeping it clean. Nice to have sensible drivers around. I've appreciated that a lot.
Sorry to hear that you lost a position because of that.
Andrea Lojelo #95 RSR team
Physics Designer for RSR Formula 3
Andrea Lojelo

PreviousNext

Return to F3 T7R Championship 2016