Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself here to the community, if you want to.

Introduce Yourself

Postby BBO » 04. Aug. 2015, 14:12

A warm welcome to the new users of this forum/website.

You can introduce yourself here to the community.
Just share a bit about yourself or how you found out about Triple7Racing, what you think of it, etc. etc.

You can write in this thread or open your own, as you like.

Last but not least don't forget to read and to post your real name and Steam ID in this thread if you want to take part in events held by T7R:
viewforum.php?f=47
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby BBO » 04. Aug. 2015, 14:57

Hi this is BBO

I'm one of the Team Managers of Triple7Racing and the webmaster of this project.
So if something is technically not working you can blame me :D (I will then blame someone else :) )

I have driven almost every car game that was worth it (or not) since the late 80s. Things like Pitstop on the C64, Indycar and Vroom on the good old Amiga 1000 and 500+, F1 Grand Prix, Nascar, NFS and Toca on the PC and many many (really many) more.
First it was Live for Speed that offered me a real challenge but the LFS scene is not the same anymore as there is not enough progress from the developers so Assetto Corsa is the next best big thing worth spending time with.

I came in 2003 to LFS and 2004 (because Fordman asked me to join) to Triple7Racing and almost 11 years later I still try to keep our team together but the older you get, the less time you have for online gaming and all this.
We also have a Team History site here (still not complete) ;-)

In the past I've driven lots of events and leagues for our Team in Live For Speed like the Masters of Endurance (before they moved to iRacing) with it's 6,12 and 24 hours races and also held, helped and organized some events and leagues (like the TripleDoubleCup and had LFS-Events.de for Stats and Results). I also worked with Fordman (Shaun) on the CRC (CleanRacersClub against crasher and hacker etc.) that helped to clean up LFS races a lot. Together with P1LOT, I also did the LFS Team skins. I wrote race reports for our website and for the OLFSL (The Original LFS League) and lots of other things I forgot :lol: yep I'm older :D

I'm a big fan of all kind of Sci-Fi things, movies, tv-series and so on and I like building little gadgets or buy things that you don't really need but are cool / futuristic ;) My other big hobby next to simracing is my HometheaterPC Server and clients based on MediaPortal..

My plan is to race again a bit more in Assetto Corsa in organized events with others who also like to race clean and fair.
I think that's a good reason to spent a lot of time for this project here.
With our team experience here at T7R in keeping things together for more then a year or two I think this could be a good home for all of us.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Fordman » 04. Aug. 2015, 18:37

Evening All.

Here is a little speal about me LOL. My name is Shaun Clarke, 38yr old and from Norfolk, United Kingdom, 9 miles from Snetterton. Been sim racing for some time now, but most of my time was spent with LFS, for over 11yrs, having created a very well respected racing team in this time, that is still running. Although this was pure LFS based, I am making the shift to AC as well, so will be a multi sim racing team. I have also organised the first Karting event for LFS drivers in the UK, in which the developers attended. I was also the head of UK for LFS for ESL running competitions on-line with prizes donated and I also got invited to attend the MPH04 Show at Earls Court with the Top Gear Team promoting LFS and Cyberseat, a full motion simulater. My racing name (Fordman) comes from, that I used to work for Ford Motor Company, and my dad was a mechanic for the BTCC Ford Mondeo in the 90's. My passion is grass roots and tin top racing, the sort of racing that Joe Average can afford to do.

I briefly came away from T7R to join up with SimracingPro, a community that was looking to expand on AC. I learnt so much over there with AC, servers, and made some fantastic friends, but I have decided to bring this knowledge back to my roots, where it all started, T7R.

You can find my interview here http://www.triple7racing.net/team-inter ... h-fordman/

I enjoy all sports, football (Tottenham Hotspur Supporter) swimming, the outdoors as well as Sim racing and have a loving family.

I am hoping to create some one off races as well as professional run leagues and events, that I hope everybody will enjoy.

So hopefully see you all online soon for some up and close racing LOL

Fordie
Fordman

Postby Festa_PWR » 04. Aug. 2015, 19:01

Might aswell get it outta the way :)

My name`s Kris (I`m an alcoholic) Vickers, I`m 34 and born & bred in Bolton, UK.

My first dabble with computers was when my dad bought a Spectrum ZX of some description, and used to play super bombjack and all manor of other rubbish looking games.
Then we got the Spectrum ZX +2 (wow!!) with a James Bond game and a light gun. Awesome times.

My first stint at racing wasm`t really until we got an Atari and then an Amiga. Can`t remember which games i played on which platform, but it was the usual Microprose GP, Lotus Turbo Challenge (and others), Stunt Car Racer and the list goes on.

Got a Playstation when they came out and absolutely hammered Destruction Derby (1 & 2) to death, loved those games.

Bought my first PC when i was 16, as i was working at the time, and never really left PC gaming since. First PC was a Pentium 200mhz and i still have the speaker system that came with it, as it had a rediculous 200watt subwoofer with it. Kitchen windows used to rattle on full, it was epic.

Since then, I`ve pretty much always played racing and strategy games. Only recently (well, last 10 years) have i gotten into FPS games and more recently the whole zombie apocolypse survival stuff like Project Zomboid, 7 Days to Die, Arma 2 & 3 etc.

Love my computer a bit too much i think, but it`s my only vice. It`s better than going to the pub every night and getting mashed out of boredom.

I`m looking forward to getting to know a few more like minded gamers and have a few good laughs.

Oh, by the way . . . . Next Car Game: Wreckfest anyone??? :geek:
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby BBO » 04. Aug. 2015, 19:49

Festa_PWR wrote:My name`s Kris (I`m an alcoholic) Vickers, ...

Right before I read this I saw an episode of the TV series Mom with Anna Faris where they all sat in a circle attending a meeting: Hi my name is....
So :lol: Hi Kris

Destruction Derby - Man I loved it but I think I played in on Amiga or was it already the PC. Can't remember but as I never really got into console gaming it wasn't a playstation for me.

I also love all this I call it "end time" stuff. I had fun with Dying Light and State of Decay on PC and as TV-Series of course "The walking dead" and right now I really like the tv-series "The last ship" and things like that.

Festa_PWR wrote:Oh, by the way . . . . Next Car Game: Wreckfest anyone??? :geek:

That looks like :o ................................... fun :mrgreen:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reHgN2dVGMo[/youtube]
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Festa_PWR » 05. Aug. 2015, 18:41

That video of Wreckfest is from ages ago :)

They have recently just moved over to a new game engine and added some new cars/tracks.

Multiplayer was added some time ago, so I`m surprised i haven`t seen more leagues for it to be honest.

rFactor used to have a few UK based banger racing leagues. This seems ideal for that kind of thing :)
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby BBO » 05. Aug. 2015, 19:02

Festa_PWR wrote:That video of Wreckfest is from ages ago :)

updated it :-P still looks like good fun :D
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby BillWiskins » 20. Sep. 2015, 21:41

Hello, hi. I'm Bill, except when I'm Neil.

I have signed up on the recommendation of a Mr. Fordman, via SimRacingPro, where sadly it looks like Assetto Corsa will not be popularly supported for long (unless there are changes made to the sim). So, I'm here for AC things.

I won't give you my life story, but I'm 28, from Brighton, and I've only been 'proper' simracing for about three years. Started on Race07 and have since tried iRacing and SCE but my allegiance lies with Assetto Corsa, frustrating as Kunos are at times. Though I haven't been racing online for long I have been lucky enough to meet and get to know some very excellent people, enjoy a lot of fantastic races, and run up a pretend damage bill of many millions of pretend pounds in broken pretend racing cars.
I'm not fast but I am fair, and I believe in racing for the sake of racing - the final position is irrelevant.

I also dabble in the modding side of things. It is unfortunately on hold at present (for TOP SECRET REASONS), but I'd very much like to release a (very very) beta version of my '99 BTCC Honda Accord (WIP pic) before the end of the year.

So, that's me - I look forward to meeting you on track.

Catch you later :)
aka Neil Rocks, in case you were confused. Don't tell anyone, though, all right?
BillWiskins

Postby Fordman » 21. Sep. 2015, 19:14

Yo Mr BillNeil :lol:

Welcome mate, have a good look around, if you have a suggestion, then say so, our webmaster/site owner is not afraid of change, suggestions, and replies quickly :D

Nice to see you again...let the battles re-commence :)

Shaun
Fordman

Postby BBO » 22. Sep. 2015, 15:06

Hi and welcome Bill :D

BillWiskins wrote:I'm not fast but I am fair, and I believe in racing for the sake of racing - the final position is irrelevant.

What a nice attitude. :)

BillWiskins wrote:I also dabble in the modding side of things. ... but I'd very much like to release a (very very) beta version of my '99 BTCC Honda Accord...

That looks pretty interesting.
Just in case you need some alpha/beta testers, feel free to contact us. As we also do things like this (like with the AC Snetterton Track and we also got game beta testers in our team so we know how to keep things private).

Cya on the track,

Bernd
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome New Forum/Website Users