Round 2 - Monza

Moderator: D34N0

Re: Round 2 - Monza

Postby VTX » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:19

T1 -> Ken hit Dean Hit Me Hit Kris, and caused massive trouble for all those behind.

Now gonna watch lap 17, will reply after checking what happened there.
T7R|VTX - Triple7Racing
Barry Kostjens #45 - F3 T7R Championship 2016 - Team: Admins On Speed
VTX
Site Admin

Postby kcheeb » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:28

Thanks for the replay Fordman.

My sincere apologies to Dean Snell in T1, I clearly hit you on the back left corner. My apologies extend to anyone else caught up in my mistake :cry:

Also, my apologies to Scott Whitestine for not being ready going into the braking zone for the second chicane. I was caught completely by surprise in my haste to catch back up. Again, my apologies to anyone else caught up in my second mistake.

What happened today is not how I race, I will do my best to not allow this to happen again.

Off to my corner to feel shame.
Understeer - you see the tree you hit
Oversteer - you hear the tree you hit

Team Can-Am - Ken Baldwin #76 - F3 Championship - http://www.triple7racing.net/t7r/forums/viewforum.php?f=89
kcheeb

Postby Festa_PWR » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:32

Just watched the replay.

Wow, no wonder i didn`t get passed by many cars through the race!

What a terrible first few turns that was for a lot of cars. Looking at it, it seems i came out of that pretty lucky.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby VTX » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:36

Just checked the replay, watch car 23 at 28:22 then watch car 13 (Tom Traskal) also at 28:22. Tom you got hit and got off track, but entered again without watching, totally careless taking almost Gale and me out. I want to file an official complaint, why did you do that?
T7R|VTX - Triple7Racing
Barry Kostjens #45 - F3 T7R Championship 2016 - Team: Admins On Speed
VTX
Site Admin

Postby Fordman » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:44

And I had full view of T1, just didn't expect a car to land on top of me if you watch the replay :lol:
Fordman

Postby bigbawmcgraw » 07. Feb. 2016, 22:45

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Great evening for me, despite the end result (11th).
I got a very unexpected pole position, improving my personal best lap.
the race has been epic! 10 laps or so Gianni and I had a wonderful battle. side by side in every single corner. Great respect, and most importantly great fun. What a blast!
Such a pity that our battle ended up too early. I lost my car on the ascari chicane, and Gianni couldn't avoid me.
My car was too damaged after that, and I bearly managed to bring it home.

Sorry for my mistake, Gianni.
Still, one of the nicest racing experience in a long time.

@Fordman. I think you'll get some nice material for a nice video :)

That was one hell of an epic race Andrea, so much respect!
I was so focused on the left apex that I didn't notice you losing it and bam right into you... sorry :(
The first 9 laps battling for 3rd place are definitely worthy of replay material :)
My front and rear wings got damaged so I was losing 3-4 seconds per lap. By the time I thought about pitting for repairs it was too late. Got caught up by Kris and Tanel in the closing laps and managed to bring home a respectable 6th position, which is where I qualified.
Gianni Gentles #73
bigbawmcgraw

Postby BBO » 07. Feb. 2016, 23:09

While there are a lot of complaints (here in the thread and some send by PM) and we need to check this all, from all possible views.
The results won't be up until we watched all this.
Sorry but this will take some time.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby BBO » 08. Feb. 2016, 01:35

What a qualifying - all went wrong for me:
First I made a mistake. So I started again.
Then I had someone spinning in front of me on my fast lap.
Then I had bad stuttering/lag on the next fast lap. Then the time was almost up. :lol:
I usually did with my qualy setup 1:51:1x which would be good enough for a 5th place but so it was only a very dissapointing P11

Lap 1 T1:
Was staying behind Ken at the start but he hitted Dean and there was no way to avoid that I also hitted him.
Then the usual accordion effect happend and I got hit from behind very badly and once again etc.
arrggghhh.jpg

I didn't thought about complaining as I know he is a very fair and clean driver, so shit happens I thought.
Lets make the best out of it.

For those who have not seen it:
Now I got this Diana Ross song lyrics in my head: "I said upside down, You're turning me" :mrgreen:
omgR2.jpg

That's the first and the last time I went to the pits, the repairs took almost 3 :shock: !!! minutes.
Considering I would have driven on for another 20 laps but with 4 seconds slower laptimes. I would have been still faster compared to the overall time I have lost in the pits.

A lot of things that happend for the first time to me. Doing a Pitstop in AC, getting lapped, never been in all my simeracing years.
So yes, I panicked a bit when I had to let the first people pass me, when I was getting the blue flag. That was a strange feeling. I don't need that again. :)

I was now 1 lap down but behind my teammate Barry Kostjens and was surprised that I could do his laptimes and could also do quicker laps but I was unsure what to do, should I re-lap myself? I then decided to stay just behind him and left room to not spoil his race or cause any trouble. All for the team (Admins on Speed (T7R2)) :-)

The next thing I saw was Dean almost hitting me at T1, maybe missed the braking point; and my pants almost got wet, I tell you.
I kept staying behind Barry and then I got unfortunately big lag/stuttering again. Even so I reduced my framerate and gfx in game. I just dunno where this comes from. The game was just undrivable for some seconds (no fun) but I somehow catched the car and drove on.

Lap 11 major lag once again :cry: : This time I couldn't keep the car on the track and damaged the front wing once again.

Later I passed Stacey but made a stupid mistake afterwards and he could pass again and in the end I finished on P16 and slowed down after the start finish straight but was totally surprised that I had to do another lap. WTF! Even so the first one had already finished the race. And I finished a lap down, so my race is over as well. This is just a stupid bug in Assetto Corsa.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Andrea Lojelo » 08. Feb. 2016, 01:42

Here is an on board video from Gianni's point of view of our nice duel (the video is still processing...it will be ready soon).
Great fun to have races like these! Hard battles with great respect.

phpBB [video]
Andrea Lojelo #95 RSR team
Physics Designer for RSR Formula 3
Andrea Lojelo

Postby leemstradamus » 08. Feb. 2016, 03:09

BBO wrote:What a qualifying - all went wrong for me:
First I made a mistake. So I started again.
Then I had someone spinning in front of me on my fast lap.
Then I had bad stuttering/lag on the next fast lap. Then the time was almost up. :lol:
I usually did with my qualy setup 1:51:1x which would be good enough for a 5th place but so it was only a very dissapointing P11

Lap 1 T1:
Was staying behind Ken at the start but he hitted Dean and there was no way to avoid that I also hitted him.
Then the usual accordion effect happend and I got hit from behind very badly and once again etc.
arrggghhh.jpg

I didn't thought about complaining as I know he is a very fair and clean driver, so shit happens I thought.
Lets make the best out of it.

For those who have not seen it:
Now I got this Diana Ross song lyrics in my head: "I said upside down, You're turning me" :mrgreen:
omgR2.jpg

That's the first and the last time I went to the pits, the repairs took almost 3 :shock: !!! minutes.
Considering I would have driven on for another 20 laps but with 4 seconds slower laptimes. I would have been still faster compared to the overall time I have lost in the pits.

A lot of things that happend for the first time to me. Doing a Pitstop in AC, getting lapped, never been in all my simeracing years.
So yes, I panicked a bit when I had to let the first people pass me, when I was getting the blue flag. That was a strange feeling. I don't need that again. :)

I was now 1 lap down but behind my teammate Barry Kostjens and was surprised that I could do his laptimes and could also do quicker laps but I was unsure what to do, should I re-lap myself? I then decided to stay just behind him and left room to not spoil his race or cause any trouble. All for the team (Admins on Speed (T7R2)) :-)

The next thing I saw was Dean almost hitting me at T1, maybe missed the braking point; and my pants almost got wet, I tell you.
I kept staying behind Barry and then I got unfortunately big lag/stuttering again. Even so I reduced my framerate and gfx in game. I just dunno where this comes from. The game was just undrivable for some seconds (no fun) but I somehow catched the car and drove on.

Lap 11 major lag once again :cry: : This time I couldn't keep the car on the track and damaged the front wing once again.

Later I passed Stacey but made a stupid mistake afterwards and he could pass again and in the end I finished on P16 and slowed down after the start finish straight but was totally surprised that I had to do another lap. WTF! Even so the first one had already finished the race. And I finished a lap down, so my race is over as well. This is just a stupid bug in Assetto Corsa.

Thanks for the screen shots of turn 1. The car flying in the air upside down is me.
Saleem Hodge | Mudflap Girl Racing
leemstradamus

PreviousNext

Return to F3 T7R Championship 2016