PC cases

Free discussion forum or maybe you just want to say something.

PC cases

Postby P1LOT » 05. May. 2016, 12:25

A PC case that's also a desk
http://theawesomer.com/lian-li-dk-04-st ... e/366073/#
What a good idea (apart from the price). Though I wouldn't want to clamp a wheel to it

T7R|P1LOT - Triple7Racing
(Gavin Burton #30)
P1LOT

Re: PC cases

Postby Festa_PWR » 05. May. 2016, 12:56

That IS a good idea.

Who ever signed off the marketing for ~£1000 though needs their legs removing at the knees. Not a chance unless it comes with a decent PC built in already.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby Fordman » 05. May. 2016, 18:42

Looking at the depth on the front, I cannot see how you would clamp a wheel in the first place, and with Grand-Kids running around with pens etc etc.....naa thanks :lol:
Fordman

Postby Festa_PWR » 06. Sep. 2016, 21:40

I ended up building a PC for my lad a few weeks back that used my old Antec Solo case.

While it`s a good case, it was a little on the large side for the PC desk i built into his room. See pics of the build process below. It is finished, but not taken a final pic yet. It used to be a box section to cover the incline of the ceiling over the stairs and also have a hatch on top as a kind of linen cupboard. I should also mention that the pink wallpaper was from when my daughter had that room. They recently swapped and I haven`t had the inclination to decorate yet.

His telly sits on top and has the xbox and TV plugged into it. The Antec Solo is a pretty chunky case and doesn`t really fit anywhere, so will go on the right-hand side against the wall in a smaller case on a little shelf.

I had to find one that wasn`t too long so it would stick out (400mm max), wasn`t too wide it hit the telly (200mm max), wasn`t too high it covered the light switch (350mm max) and had to fit in a Radeon 7870 (240mm long).

In the end i found a real cheapo case that seemed to fit the bill. An Evo Labs E-A01 turned out to be all the things i was looking for.

I`d never done a build in such a tiny case. To be honest, building my lads PC with an m-ATX motherboard was the smallest MB i`d ever worked with.

Everything fit, just! Had to do some extreme cable routing and planning to see where the HDD would go (2 options: floor or front).

Was a great little case for just £18, even though it was fiddly in places. Strangley it has a mounting for a 120mm fan at the front, but the front panel has no vents for airflow, so I`m guessing it a chassis they use for different models that maybe do.

I`ll try and remember to get a picture of it all up and running tomorrow, just so I`ve got it for posterity sake anyway :)

P.S. Sorry for the barrage of images :?
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby Festa_PWR » 09. Sep. 2016, 23:06

Got a picture of the (almost) finished article. . .

Spent today fitting a door in hole that hasn`t seen a door for god knows how long. We moved in 5 years ago and it had a slidey door, so the jams and stops were all missing or bastardised.

Just tarting up to do now 8-)
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby BBO » 12. Sep. 2016, 22:05

I first thought (after the first picture): WTH is this?
But in the end it's a really cool idea.
I couldn't think of using this corner any better :)
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Festa_PWR » 12. Sep. 2016, 23:19

BBO wrote:I first thought (after the first picture): WTH is this?
But in the end it's a really cool idea.
I couldn't think of using this corner any better :)

Cheers B.

Was just a waste of space previously, as all we used it for was to sit a telly and other crap on top of.

Now my son`s 11, he wanted a PC setup and this was the only way he was getting one, as there is no reasonable space to have a computer desk in there as well as a double bed (needed for family visits).

Even the wife approved, so it must be good lol
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby VTX » 13. Sep. 2016, 09:53

Nice job! :)
T7R|VTX - Triple7Racing
Barry Kostjens #45 - F3 T7R Championship 2016 - Team: Admins On Speed
VTX
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic