IL-2 Sturmovik (Not racing I know!)

Discuss your alternative gaming entertainment.

IL-2 Sturmovik (Not racing I know!)

Postby Festa_PWR » 05. Jan. 2016, 00:45

I used to play this a few years ago, and a friend of mine just brought round his dad's copy of the game for me to install.

It`s the Ultimate Edition, and once installed didn`t require the game disc . . happy days! So now I have to go digging through the loft and blow the dust off my old Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X :mrgreen:

Me and my old school mate plan on doing a few online co-op missions, so anyone else with the Ultimate Edition patches to 4.11.1 is welcome to join, just let me know if anyone is interested.

I may post some random screenshots or recordings (if I figure that bit out).

We`re also looking at getting Cliffs of Dover (currently £9.99 on Steam) at some point, so would also be up for some online on that once we do.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik (Not racing I know!)

Postby P1LOT » 05. Jan. 2016, 13:42

I was given one of the versions of IL-2 on disc, definitely not the Ultimate edition though. when I get home, I'll check.
I've done plenty of flight sims in my time, but prefer jets for fighting.

I bought F15C aircraft for low cost, for use with DCS World (free) on Steam. Still haven't given it the attention it deserves though.
T7R|P1LOT - Triple7Racing
(Gavin Burton #30)
P1LOT

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik (Not racing I know!)

Postby Festa_PWR » 05. Jan. 2016, 13:44

P1LOT wrote:I was given one of the versions of IL-2 on disc, definitely not the Ultimate edition though. when I get home, I'll check.
I've done plenty of flight sims in my time, but prefer jets for fighting.

I bought F15C aircraft for low cost, for use with DCS World (free) on Steam. Still haven't given it the attention it deserves though.

I know Il-2 has jets, but they`re the early WWII ones. I`ve never been one for modern jet fighter sims.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Return to Other Games