My PC Upgrade

Something is not working? Need some help?

Re: Upgrades

Postby BBO » 24. Mar. 2014, 13:02

Fordman wrote:...
Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use

Can be just a BIOS problem as Code 12 usually is when two devices have been assigned to the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same direct memory access channel. The assignment is made either in the BIOS or the operating system, or it can be a combination of both.

So I would start with checking the BIOS options again, is the on-board gfx card turned off? Is it set to show the new primary graphics adapter (PCIe) How are the resources managed? Automatically or by hand and so on.
Maybe you should start with loading the BIOS defaults again and then start checking an disabling the on-board gfx card and let the BIOS manage the IRQs, (I/O) ports, etc. If that doesn't help try to manually assign these things in the BIOS.

Or can you change the card to another slot on the board? Often if you got 2 slots for gfx cards one is shared with another slot and so on (the Board Manual should know this).
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Fordman » 24. Mar. 2014, 20:20

Tried everything you have suggested Bernd, and including a re-install of Windows....oh that was painful, and still the same. If I disable the onboard GFX card, windows does load, as it just stays on BIOS screen with new card.

Cannot try another slot....as there isn't one LOL. It's an OEM board. So will just have to suck up the extra cost of a motherboard, but then again, I should be ok for 5yrs or so after that LOL

Fordie
Fordman

Postby BBO » 25. Mar. 2014, 13:32

I would love to have a look at it myself can you pick me up at the airport next weekend Shaun
:lol: jk
Maybe it's really time for a new mainboard (and probably cheaper then flying over :D )
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Fordman » 26. Apr. 2014, 19:50

Got my new hardware installed, and now I am smoking LOL.

LFS has gone from 30fps triple screen view to over 140 fps...get in.... Now downloading AC as well

Yay Fordie is up with the real times

Fordie
Fordman

Previous

Return to Guides & Help