BARCELONA GP - LOTUS GTC - SINGLE EVENT (2nd November 2015)

Infos about Assetto Corsa Races and Events

Moderators: Festa_PWR, D34N0

Re: BARCELONA GP - LOTUS GTC - SINGLE EVENT (2nd November 20

Postby Festa_PWR » 02. Nov. 2015, 21:58

Not a bad race there.

Not sure what happened with qualy, but not a big deal, as i was actually wanting to start from the back . . . so a bonus!! :)

Managed to catch up with and have a good race with the guys up front, so thanks for that and thanks for giving me a decent target to chase. :mrgreen:

But . . . with two laps to go, i lost the back end enough to scare me and get me off track. Got penalised for it and had to slow down to clear it. This put me back into 4th from 2nd. Then didn`t have enough laps to get back past Barry.

Really enjoyed tonights race and look forward to the next one.
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby D34N0 » 02. Nov. 2015, 22:43

I think the admin skipped/restarted the session just as the server went to Race mode. This then reset the Quali times and we had a random start grid.

I'm not sure what happened to Bend after turn 3 his car jumped about. Bad luck Bernd. Then had some great racing with Gavin and he finally got past after going wide and that let Kris catch up and had a battle till i made a mistake that took me off track and had a penalty, then was trying to catch and making silly little errors costing 2tenths a lap and not catching Kris quick enough. Then Kris made a mistake and made it past.

That's the best racing I had in a long time thanks guys. 8-)
T7R|D34N0 - Triple7Racing
-----------------------------------
Watch out!
D34N0

Postby BBO » 03. Nov. 2015, 13:24

D34N0 wrote:I'm not sure what happened to Bernd after turn 3 his car jumped about. Bad luck Bernd.

I had some personal things going on here and had to leave. But good that you all had so much fun.
I really had massive fun with the qualifying doing again two times in a row a new PB.
First I did almost the same time as Barry but I was with the 01:51.46 down below his 01:51.46 in the list.
Then I saw him doing a 01:50.xx and in the very last lap I did another PB 01:50.72 to get the 2nd place, that was great fun.
Attachments
qualy-MNR_event_4.jpg
qualy-MNR_event_4.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby VTX » 03. Nov. 2015, 13:38

Yes Bernd, we had the exact same lap time (or .01 difference) for some time. I noticed that as well haha :) I think I was 1:51.45 and you 1:51.46 if I recall correctly?
T7R|VTX - Triple7Racing
Barry Kostjens #45 - F3 T7R Championship 2016 - Team: Admins On Speed
VTX
Site Admin

Postby BBO » 03. Nov. 2015, 15:28

VTX wrote:Yes Bernd, we had the exact same lap time (or .01 difference) for some time. I noticed that as well haha :) I think I was 1:51.45 and you 1:51.46 if I recall correctly?

No it showed the exact same time (01:51.46 on the board) for both of us. And I was like :shock: :x

I checked the session stats again.
You in lap2: 01:51.461
Me in lap3: 01:51.464

Was really close as usual ;)
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Nommie » 03. Nov. 2015, 18:33

I'm not sure what happened at the start but, I ended up starting from the pits. It made no difference as I would have been at the back of the grid anyway.
I had no practice before the race but I found that the car was quite easy to get to grips with. Spent most of the race trading places with Shaun but I had one more spin than him so I ended up last.
Enjoyed the event and looking forward to the next.
Norman Bruce
Nommie

Postby Fordman » 03. Nov. 2015, 20:26

As we was sitting tapping fingers, I asked, we all ready, every replied, so instead of waiting ( as it was still in Quali Mode ) I decided to move to next event, the race....I thought. As I found out, AC Doesn't remember things well, and moved not one, but 2 events, then when it moved to Race Mode, it forgot all the Qualification.

That's why I pulled over right at the start, and tbh glad I did. Had some great dicing with Norman, lap after lap, both consistent laptimes ( and spins) and was hoping Brian was going to join the party at the back, really enjoyed it.

Sorry I left so quickly, I wanted to capture the replay, and still failed, it says it's corrupt, need to test this more, but I think the drive I am using for capture ( 1TB Drive dedicated ) is failing, as I am hearing some strange noises every now and then, but it's getting the time to replace it.

With every event, I am learning the nuts and bolts of AC MP. Before hand, I only run a HLC, so there was no Qualification, no race as such, just sheer hot lapping. I have now found out....you cannot rush AC.

Going to ask Dean to help me do some time testing (i.e between events) how long to wait for this, and people finish, and hopefully, the next event, it will be nailed.

Shaun
Fordman

Postby D34N0 » 03. Nov. 2015, 21:34

Going to ask Dean to help me do some time testing (i.e between events) how long to wait for this, and people finish, and hopefully, the next event, it will be nailed.

Consider it asked. Call or WhatsApp to arrange days/time.
I won't be at the next event but will do all I can to help to nail it. 8-)
Watch out!
D34N0

Postby Fordman » 03. Nov. 2015, 21:40

Excel, thanks dean. I will drop you a line, and we take it from there.

This week and next week is pretty shit for me. I have company Conference from Thursday to Saturday PM, and then on Prince 2 training all next week, Mon to Fri with 2 hours homework everynight.

Might try and squeeze in tomorrow night, if your available?
Fordman

Postby D34N0 » 03. Nov. 2015, 22:00

Timing is everything. Should be available 7ish to 9ish. Also might be an idea to work out how you end up starting from the pit lane.
Watch out!
D34N0

PreviousNext

Return to AC - Events