DONINGTON GP SINGLE EVENT GINETTA G55 [5TH OCTOBER 2015]

Infos about Assetto Corsa Races and Events

Moderators: Festa_PWR, D34N0

Re: DONINGTON GP SINGLE EVENT GINETTA G55 [5TH OCTOBER 2015]

Postby P1LOT » 06. Oct. 2015, 11:30

Race report
I got lucky with qualifying as high as 2nd but knew I’d be looking in my mirrors.
At the start I had a bit of space behind and managed to apply pressure to Ross in front. It was at this point I realised I’d never had close racing in AC until then, unfamiliar ground to me. Ross’s defending meant we didn’t pull away from the rest until I had a wobble, then he was off, never to be caught again. Congrats Ross.
Bernd was closing so I had to concentrate to give myself some breathing space. I saw Kris had got past Bernd and was slowly reeling me in. My corners were a bit of a mess when Kris was right behind me, but I was managing to defend… until I went a bit wide and kept my foot down in desperation to avoid been passed. The resultant spin was made worse as the steering wheel was upside down and I ended up changing up gears while trying to find 1st. Bernd just got past as well.
My lines were pretty poor for a few laps, until I saw Kris had had an incident so Kris, Bernd and I were back together on the same piece of tarmac. Bernd ran wide at the bottom of the hill and I was within reaching distance of Kris. It’s amazing the difference when you’re chasing instead of being chased, I had focus again!
A slow chicane by Kris and I had the place. Now I’m being chased and returned to sloppy driving again, but managed to hold the place till the flag. I’m pleased with 2nd and had great fun
T7R|P1LOT - Triple7Racing
(Gavin Burton #30)
P1LOT

Previous

Return to AC - Events