AC online racing experience

Discuss all and everything related to Assetto Corsa.

AC online racing experience

Postby P1LOT » 26. Jul. 2014, 23:28

I tried racing online against others for the first time, tonight. Despite Shaun's kind donation that doubled my RAM, my computer is not up to the job. CPU usage was jammed at 100% and AC was ~20fps and frequent freezes. It could freeze while going round a corner and when it unfroze I'd find I had turned an extra 30º than necessary, or gone straight on, or braked to a stop.
Offline is still not the smoothest gameplay but it is stable. I'll have to content myself with that until I can manage an upgrade.

My existing AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0Ghz results in a Windows Experience index processor subscore of 6.1
How mush better do you guys have?

P.S.: sorry to Shaun for voting to kick you. :oops: Too many things in the interface that I don't know what they do
T7R|P1LOT - Triple7Racing
(Gavin Burton #30)
P1LOT

Re: AC online racing experience

Postby Fordman » 27. Jul. 2014, 17:16

No worries P1lot, did make me laugh :lol:

My index score is only 5.9 ( because of my slow HD ). What GFX card do you have? I will say, I have suffering as well, maybe not as much as you, but I have noticed I am stuttering (offline, and online) so asking for new advice on LFS Forum for GFX settings, as I know a lot of people have suffered as well.

As soon as I head anything P1lot, I will let you know, or check in the AC Thread on LFS https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php ... ost1864154 but something is not right, as before the update, mine was flying with no problems at all.

Regards

Fordie
Fordman

Postby BBO » 27. Jul. 2014, 19:01

P1LOT wrote:...CPU usage was jammed at 100% ...
My existing AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0Ghz results in a Windows Experience index processor subscore of 6.1
How mush better do you guys have?...

Got only the German version but think it's the same order:
I got an overall score of 6.6
CPU: 6.6
RAM: 7.0
Gfx: 7.7
Gfx gaming: 7.7
HDD: 7.9

I got only 4GB of RAM and AC is still working good even with 3 monitors @5040x1050
Only my graphics card Radeon HD5850 sometimes moves up to 90° ! degrees. That's freakishly hot but I just make some small pauses after a race and it gets back to 74° degrees. My CPU is also just an Athlon II X2 260 @ 3.2 Mhz (only 2 cores).

I also got after the last update the 100% CPU bla bla online message 2x but didn't cared about it tbh was to excited for the race start :lol:.
Racing was a bit laggy here and there but not the whole time (and if not well then I got T1 crashed :mrgreen: ).

I also have sometimes a little stuttering kind of lag offline the longer I play the earlier I get this. Maybe I have to lower the grafix details or it might be the hot gfx card or the only 4GB of ram. I need to test that sooner or later.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby P1LOT » 09. Sep. 2015, 11:44

Sorry to bump an old thread...

I am slowly finding my feet in AC again, I've done a handful of laps on our server.
My updated system now as an experience index of 7.1 (limited by CPU) but the fps was in the teens and proved a pain to drive.
So I switched off all the Post Effects and turned down the AF, now seems to maintain between 50 to 60fps which is acceptable.

The Porsche seems more stable than I would have expected, not much tail-happy at all.
And why has Blackwood circuit been transported to a run-down disused city in Russia ? (all the tower blocks! even inside track!)
T7R|P1LOT - Triple7Racing
(Gavin Burton #30)
P1LOT

Postby Fordman » 09. Sep. 2015, 15:12

It got a HD Update p1lot :D
Fordman

Return to AC - Chit-Chat