Strazen - ..about racing in T7R servers...

Discuss all and everything related to Assetto Corsa.

Strazen - ..about racing in T7R servers...

Postby Strazen » 16. Feb. 2016, 14:18

Hi everyone,

It's not totally an absence prevention I'm telling you now, because actually I don't have to go anywhere physically, I'll be most of the times at home.

It's about racing in T7R servers and, in general, sim racing real technical issues I'm meeting nowadays because of the need to change material, well, everything which is needed to sim race in the best conditions possible. Therefore it's not at all an affective matter I'm talking about here, it's about the hardware and equipment which is still lacking to call myself a real sim racer now.
I cannot sim race for a long session comfortably, this is the main issue.

Therefore, it's going to take time and hard work for me to achieve my goals of obtaining the right material.

So I don't know if I'm in the right thread to say this because it's not about being away from keyboard, it's with the keyboard, but with a different approach from sim racing.

During this time, I will sometimes be here on the forum, on Whatsapp, also post and chat when I can, but I really need to concentrate on my objective. In addition, it's mainly for racing with you that I set this objective ;)

I hope I made myself clear enough and if you need further information, I'm available :)

And by the way, as I've just become a provisional staff member, then if my technical issues with AC and my computer, whose choice to start is his since I made on my own the update for Win10 (my shop will correct all that), prevents me in some way from fulfilling my duty in order to become a regular staff member, then if you think it's fair, you can delay the vote for later. Or if, nevertheless, everything is fine even with these issues and I just have to be active on the forum, on Whatsapp, etc, then alright, let's keep the same voting day. Up to you, Officers.

You can easily understand my situation now. With my PC booting on Windows in "freestyle" mode and an uncomfortable and maladjusted setup for AC, I can only surrender for the moment. It's pointless to try and retry something which has to work in a different way, it would only continue to frustrate me a little with a feeling of incompleteness.

Finally, this transition time will depend on my skills. I can make it quicker or I can make it slower, all will depend on that... I don't know, just to estimate... from 2-3 to 5-6 months maybe...
Strazen

Re: I am away..........from..till..

Postby BBO » 16. Feb. 2016, 16:54

Actually this pure info thread was meant to just have an easy to view place to see who is away from day X till day Y
But no problem, I will probably clean out this thread someday soon.
Chit-chatting in these threads makes it just totally complicated to see who is actually away.
(EDIT: already moved and splitted the thread so no problem)

Regarding you post Federico.
I'm not 100% sure what you wanted to say (english is sometimes complicated for all us non mother-tongue speakers, I guess).
So sorry if I maybe totally misunderstood it.

I think you are worrying to much about it all or about professional simracing in general.
Non of us here is a professional simracer.
We are just normal guys (like you) that play racing games (mostly sims) for a long time.
We are here to have fun but to also offer others events (that are a bit better organized then you usually get in other forums, at least we try to but it's also not 100% perfect all the time.)

We all got very different equipment, from Barry's high tech stuff (many of us would like to have but usually we got not enough room or money for this) to other members and their computers that are struggling here and there. Or like myself, I just changed from triple monitor setup to just 1 monitor and to a G29 without a shifter, but had 3 monitors and a shifter for many years and I sometimes got stuttering even so my PC is good and I use an SSD.

I'm also not the fastest guy around but it doesn't matter. I will never be as fast as some others. Why? Because I'm to old (when getting older your reaction hand/eye/feet coordination drops, no matter how often you practise. It's like that. And I of course don't spend enough time for practising right now, while others do, often I have to many other things going on and often I'm also a bit busy with administrative stuff here for T7R and sometimes I 'm just to lazy :mrgreen: .

But it doesn't matter, I'm still good enough to get here and there some (for me) good results (4th place in our F3 league or 1 win in an MNR race). But these are exceptions. So I enjoy these rare highlights when racing against 10, 15, 20 years younger racers.

I also lack some fitness, have gained again some weight over christmas and have the feeling I can't do races that are longer then 30 or 45 minutes. I have the feeling I can't 100% concentrate for any longer, like I could years ago with no problem. So I will for sure not start somewhere in a 2 hours race.

I don't care if a car has a shifter or paddles, I think no one I know does, not even professional simracers do, they all use paddles all the time, because shifting with a shifter is milliseconds slower. Unrealistic or not, you usually use what makes you faster.
And some got more talent than others, alien simracers like Greger Huttu (used DFGT wheel with BRD pedals back in 2008, now fanatec because they pay him) or Hugo Luis (using G27) can drive with every wheel or euipment usually. So it's not always the equipment it's often just the age and the talent.

I would not care so much about this all mate, try to get your PC fixed so it runs AC and just race with us. Sometimes you will be in the top sometimes not. Don't think so much about your positions or results, fix realistic targets.
I for example say to myself, If I will end up in the top 10 or top 15 of the F3 league then it's great, because I spend way to few practise time and are not really top fit ;) But if I would go and think, I can win the league, then I would be dissapointed the whole time.
But it's not realistic so I don't even start thinking about it. I just want ot race fair, race clean, and not end last and represent my team in a good way. And in the end a fight for P13 or P14 can be as exciting and thrilling as fighting for Place 1 or 2. It's still fun, no matter where you end up.

And last but not least you don't have to race every race or event with us here (no one here does)
but the goal is of course to race with each other. Else why we are all here?
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Re: Strazen - ..about racing in T7R servers...

Postby BBO » 16. Feb. 2016, 19:12

I've splitted the topic and moved the post to this forum to keep "the away thread" clean. ;)
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Re: Strazen - ..about racing in T7R servers...

Postby Strazen » 17. Feb. 2016, 00:39

Bernd, I understand your point of view. We are not and very probably we will never be as competitive as Team Redline, who hire the top winners all over the world. They have big sponsors such as Fanatec and Max Verstappen, himself, is taking part in this team. To what extent, this I don't know but it's no big deal for us. Redline is like the top Counter Strike teams who compete in the most famous live competitions where millions can be won.

It's not where we want to aim at, of course. If I was 18 at the present time and was educated for high competition, maybe my reasoning would have more sense. I probably exagerated in the way things are and how I want them to be. Please don't forget that I come from two latin countries, and latin people often have hot temper (see how Fernando Alonso criticized McLaren-Honda during last year). It's just our nature so you're right to not take what I say too seriously.

More realistically, my desire for which I set my objective for is ambitious, that's for sure. Many of us don't have a cockpit, a triple screen or a Fanatec, fine, I don't comment this, everyone here is free to have its own setup and if we are happy the way our situation is, then perfect. My desire is written here also because I've been sim racing since, let's say, the birth of simulators even if they weren't as sophisticated as now and real competition for games didn't exist 20 years ago. Our average age is higher than the worldwide competitors and we can very, very hardly compete with them, and that would be an enormous pressure which would be too high because most of us have our own family and work, which are more important than anything else.

For example, me, I don't have my own family, I mean I have my parents but I don't have a girlfriend, and to say the truth, I don't really mind for this because I had my experiences and I don't feel ready for concentrating on creating a family. As a consequence, I'm totally free to set my own objectives. Me too has studied and worked for many years, it was very useful for the experience and culture compared to the eSport athletes who are born to win and if you ask them, just for example: "Who invented the principles of democracy?", many of them wouldn't know right away without googling for it because they didn't even go to school, they jumped right away into the games world (the name of its inventor is often on the tip of my tongue so me too I'd need to google for it :mrgreen: ).

Let's put this objective as a wolf hunger for a new experience. I'm 33 years old, soon 34, so I'm still "very" young. The goal of my life is not realistically to be a world champion, even with the best equipment in the world, because, true, fast reflexes lower as age goes on and on, but if you have some time to do some exercices, even just by walking 1 hour a day not every day but not too rarely, and not drinking too much :roll: everyone gets better and fit even at 50 years old. If you watch some championship categories on TV, many real drivers are like 50 years old (another example: Jacques Villeneuve, one time F1 world champion, is competing in Formula E, he's one of the oldest in this category, and he's not that good anymore, he does it for electric cars technology promotion and above all fun).

Even with the necessary funds eventually earned and a setup as I'd like it to be, I think I won't be in the top 10 out of 22 serious drivers every time and probably with the new setup, I'll continue doing other little jobs and I won't be stuck inside my cockpit for whole days in a row to take part in an 1H or 2H race per day. It's above all for the purpose of having more serious fun, feeling proud of what I will have, and have more comfort on the appropriate seat so that I can still make longer races. If I still get sick with this after 1 hour of racing, then I will detach from it for some time and slowly, progressively get used to it, at least I hope so.

Thank you for reading and paying attention to members, it's always very appreciable :)

I end up here by sending you a photo of my current setup, with which I don't even have the room to put my ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5. And look at how the keyboard is laid because of the space. Could I type correctly this way while in practice session, and without a decent headset? And I have so much enough room left amid the room... :( I could invert the computers' place. I have a wider pine desk on which I'm writing with the laptop and the rest. I could simply put the desktop on this wider desk without the Shifter SQ because, tightened up, it will eventually break my desk, and lay the notebook on the desk you can see on the photo. Because what am I looking like now? A novel writer? :oops: :mrgreen:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5474654897

I'll try to definitely fix the booting issue. As the shop said, it's because of an update installing issue... boh :roll:
Strazen

Return to AC - Chit-Chat