About Steam ID (new format?)

Having trouble? Need some advice?

About Steam ID (new format?)

Postby Strazen » 11. Jan. 2016, 04:25

Hello, when I was still using Win10 on the main desktop, I followed your instructions to display the Steam ID. If I remember well, by the time, afterwards there wasn't any profile URL displayed on my account. But it was just some time after having activated the Interface option.

Then, I had to downgrade from Win10 to Win7 and after some days for reconfiguring everything and making eventually the system up-to-date, I could reinstall Steam and now, by default, I see on my profile page that there is an address but not with 17 digits at the end. Instead, there is my account name as ID, because it's displayed right after the "id/" path.

So I guess this is normal and that it is due to a recent update from Steam? Are you aware of this and do you still see your ID as a series of digits? Finally, should I therefore post on the "Steam ID and real name" topic for entering the T7R server my new ID (account name)?

Thanks
Strazen

Re: About Steam ID (new format?)

Postby Festa_PWR » 11. Jan. 2016, 13:47

What you might need (or want) to do is use a 3rd party website to find your Steam GUID by entering your Steam user name.

You don`t have to log in, so it`s not like they can take your details, but I think Steam may have stopped showing the GUID in the Steam app some time ago?

A simple Google of 'Steam GUID' should produce many websites that can get your GUID.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further help?
T7R|Festa_PWR - Triple7Racing
(Kris Vickers #47)
Festa_PWR

Postby BBO » 11. Jan. 2016, 15:39

Did you already tried the hint from the steam id thread:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=202
look at the 2nd picture there:
"I can't find my number as indicated
Try this: In the menu, go to Steam→Settings:
Select "Interface" from the list on the left side.
Put a check in the box labelled "Display Steam URL address bar..."

Or just use this one (76561198205975808): I found already your ID ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198205975808/
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Strazen » 14. Jan. 2016, 07:25

Thanks Festa_PWR for your advice and BBO for your help.

BBO, how did you find my profile ID? Just by searching my profile name on Steam I guess :)

Ok, now I shall post this ID and real name to the related topic.

Thank you very much both of you.
Strazen

Postby BBO » 14. Jan. 2016, 12:06

Strazen wrote:BBO, how did you find my profile ID? Just by searching my profile name on Steam I guess :)

Yes and because you are in my friends list I could check if it is really you.

btw.
There is another option to find your steam ID:
Go to your AC folder on the main drive (usually):
c:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\
and see the "log.txt" file. There you can find it: "Steam Community ID: ...17numbers..."
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Strazen » 14. Jan. 2016, 19:30

I looked the log.txt file you mentioned but there is no Steam ID logged inside. Instead, there is "Installing CrashGuard Fault Handler" then two lines beneath: "CRASH in:", etc. There are lots of errors logged. I believe it's because when I launched a practice session in AC, the load screen comes back to the AC menu. But no worries, I guess it's simply because I have 227 updates downloading from Windows Update now, so when the system will be updated, all should be ok. The Fanatec installing and configuration on Windows and in AC is finished and works fine. I'll just get some rest now to wait for the updates to finish installing. Thanks again.
Strazen

Postby BBO » 14. Jan. 2016, 22:47

The log file only works when you had a driving session in AC and when you had a "clean exit" ;) I think.
T7R| BBO - Triple7Racing
(Bernd Weingart #21)
Watch your mirror ;-)
BBO
Site Admin

Postby Strazen » 20. Jan. 2016, 05:54

I'm benefiting from your response, BBO, to update my status regarding my PC.

The PC I ordered online is not working anymore and cannot be fixed. I'm waiting for a new PC to be configured tomorrow (today at the time of writing) by a real shop located in a zone of Paris where there are lots of PC shops close to each other. It's the real deal zone for us, Parisians, for every type of PC. There is one step remaining for their payment and I should be able after that to bring the new computer home by, more or less, the end of this week. It's a good one along with a new monitor. I was able to choose between Windows 7 and 10 (not 8 since development of 8 is finished, as they said, hurray Win10...), and of course I chose 7. Still triple 7, man :) Oh, of course they configure everything and install all the drivers for me. I'm thinking that nowadays, built PCs by shops are like extremely powerful consoles, that is you use them, but Absolutely don't change anything on them without their assistance. We pay also for this actually. This is the reason why my broken PC is a big mistake from my part. I guess the PC acronym (Personal Computer) is nowadays personal only for configuration of software but it is better avoiding hardware modifications unless you're a real expert. I'm not, even if I mounted on 2011 my PC everything on my own by choosing all the separated components ordered from an online shop, and it still works fine for my Dad. It's a 6-core AMD with Radeon and it's still fine for him. Now, like my dad, I don't want to bother anymore mounting everything even if I can do it (I used to be a carpenter a bit also, for the little story), because the money you save with mounting everything on your own is not such a difference compared to the shop staff assist. I swear I won't touch the BIOS anymore for my whole life ! May the God of Simracing, if it exists, assure me of not doing it anymore :oops:

I will be playing with only one monitor to use the soon-to-be-released final version of Oculus Rift whom shipment after preorder, which is still available on their official site I think, is planned for June 2016.

According to Assetto Corsa's press release on very early 2016 on Facebook which we all already are aware of, there are words on Oculus Rift's compatibility and implementation development for AC. So I think it's definitely the good choice for this sim, since for the previous Development Kit version of this VR, it worked already very fine. There is a video on Youtube of a Brazilian guy simracing with all this set in AC and the LaFerrari, if you'd like to check out the test. It looks pretty amazing. He looks everywhere inside the car and the details and level of fidelity of the interior of the car is very interesting. He explains all this in english with the car stopped before riding.

I choose this setup because I haven't got much space on my desk to host three monitors, which is still a very good choice, except for the borders between each screen, I imagine.

I hope I wasn't too exhaustive for this post :)
Strazen

Return to AC - Guides & Help