Page 1 of 1

Live for Speed, 0.6K

PostPosted: 20. Dec. 2015, 11:17
by Three_Jump
Holy shit snacks, LFS gets new content!
Early 2009 has come and Rockingham has been released.

Lame jokes aside - I'll be buying it, even if I end up being the only one here. This game will always have a special place in my heart for countless reasons.

Dear LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce a new version of Live for Speed, 0.6K, which contains the Rockingham race track. Located in Corby, England, Rockingham is an oval track with many infield configurations. Thanks to the owners, we were allowed to hire APR Services to laser scan the real track area in 2008. It has been a long time coming but we are sure you will like the result!

Version 0.6K also has graphical improvements including new reflections and dynamic environment maps, AI improvements, support for the HTC Vive VR headset (in addition to the Oculus Rift) and fixes.

[...]

- LFS Developers

Re: Live for Speed, 0.6K

PostPosted: 20. Dec. 2015, 14:22
by P1LOT
Exactly, LFS was still my first love in simracing.
Hopelessly late, but I think this is a sign of more upcoming content. Of course, the devs say no guarantee of future content, but they wouldn't release S3 without a plan for regular content being added.
Otherwise the community would lynch them. :twisted:

Kris will wonder what we're all froathing about :lol:

Re: Live for Speed, 0.6K

PostPosted: 20. Dec. 2015, 14:27
by Festa_PWR
P1LOT wrote:Exactly, LFS was still my first love in simracing.
Hopelessly late, but I think this is a sign of more upcoming content. Of course, the devs say no guarantee of future content, but they wouldn't release S3 without a plan for regular content being added.
Otherwise the community would lynch them. :twisted:

Kris will wonder what we're all froathing about :lol:


Not really. I have played LFS, just never owned it.

You`d hope they had plans for more content wouldn`t you?

The worry would be if it`s taken this long to do one track, they`re maybe hoping to bring in income from this to make more content rather than already having some in the making.

Re: Live for Speed, 0.6K

PostPosted: 20. Dec. 2015, 14:47
by P1LOT
Festa_PWR wrote:The worry would be if it`s taken this long to do one track, they`re maybe hoping to bring in income from this to make more content rather than already having some in the making.

I would bet they have lots of content about 80% complete. They just become a bit obsessive about when it's ready for release in perfect condition.

Re: Live for Speed, 0.6K

PostPosted: 20. Dec. 2015, 14:48
by Fordman
P1LOT wrote:
Festa_PWR wrote:They just become a bit obsessive about when it's ready for release in perfect condition.


And VR Support :roll: